PDXTI MAVIC CROSSMAX 12mm Conversion
PDXTI MAVIC CROSSMAX 12mm Conversion
PDXTI Mavic CrossMax Conversion Kit uses the extremely light weight PDXTI 12-15-TA and provides for converting several models of existing 9mm QR or 15mm TA Mavic CrossMax hubs for use with 100 x 12mm Thru Axle forks.
Compatible with various 2009-present Mavic CrossMax hub models.
PDXTI MAVIC CROSSMAX 12mm CONVERSION KIT
- Compatible with all Mavic hubs using L99688200 front axle assembly.
- Interchangeable with Mavic Part Number: L99688200 / L99688201
- Press-in axle and threaded adjustment clamp converts 15x100mm or 9x100 CrossMax ISO front hubs for use with 12x100mm fork axles.
- Includes axle assembly with PDXTI 12-15-TA axle sleeve installed and drive side adjustment nut.
- Listed compatibility with the following Mavic wheel models:
——- 2016 Ksyrium Pro Disc
——- 2016 Crossmax Pro SL 29 Disc
——- 2015 Crossmax SLR Disc
——- 2014 Crossmax SLR 650B
——- 2013 Crossmax SLR 29
——- 2012 Crossmax SLR Disc 12
——- 2010 Crossmax ST Disc 10
——- 2010 Crossmax ST Disc 10-20mm
——- 2010 C29SSMAX
——- 2009 Crossmax SLR Disc
——- 2009 Crossmax ST Disc
MAVIC CROSSMAX 9QR/15TA HUB DISASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS (from Mavic Technical Manual)
1) For 15TA setups skip to Step 2. For 9mm QR setups, remove the press-in QR nubbins from the ends of the axle assembly. If they cannot be removed by firmly pulling them outward with a back-and-forth rocking motion try pushing them in turn via the inside of the hub using a quick-release rod.
2) Hold left hand/brake side axle end stationary and unthread the right hand/drive side adjustment nut and remove from axle. Mavic Hub Wrench M40123 may be required.
3) Slide the main axle out from the left hand/brake side. If necessary tap gently on the right hand/drive side axle end with a rubber mallet.
*Both hub shell bearing assemblies can now be accessed. For bearing service information see the bearing service instructions for the appopriate model hub. For example: 2009 Mavic Technical Manual, pg. 26.
REASSEMBLY WITH PDXTI MAVIC CROSSMAX 12mm CONVERSION KIT
1) Slide the main axle assembly with PDXTI 12-15-TA axle sleeve installed in to the hub shell from the left hand/brake side. For ease of assembly apply two drops of Tri-flow™ to axle O-rings.
2) Thread the right hand/drive side adjustment nut on to the axle threads.
3) Holding the left hand/brake side axle end firmly with one hand, retighten the adjustment nut with the Mavic Hub Wrench M40123 until contact is made with the bearing, then unthread/loosen it again by a quarter turn.
4) For final adjustment, fit the wheel into the fork and use Mavic Hub Wrench M40123 to make adjustments until no bearing play is evident.
- Re-assemble your Mavic CrossMax front hub with the PDXTI-MAVIC-CROSSMAX-12-15-TA-AXLE assembled as shipped, with the PDXTI 12-15-TA axle sleeve installed.
- A thin layer of high quality grease is already installed between the PDXTI 12-15-TA axle sleeve and the Mavic CrossMax axle body. A second thing layer of high quality grease on the outside of the 12mm fork axle is recommended for ease of assembly and to provide an extra moisture barrier.
- Compatible with all 12mm x 100mm forks.
- Compatible with the following models of Mavic CrossMax hubs; reduces the diameter of the axle ends, which must be 20mm or smaller to fit most 12TA forks. Stock Mavic CrossMax 15mm axle end diameter exceeds 20mm.
- Thru axles provide compression of the fork ends where the hub end caps interface with the fork ends. Because all hubs and forks are manufactured by third parties to differing tolerances, to ensure an interference-free fit with all possible combinations the length of the PDXTI 12-15-TA Adapter is just under 100mm.